The Gender question allows you to capture the respondent's gender details whether it’s a male or female.
When to use a Gender Question?
The Gender question is ideal to use when you want your respondent’s gender details while he/she is submitting the feedback form. This information helps to give you an identity of the response collected.
How to add the Gender Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the Gender question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add the Gender question to.
- Click on Contact Information from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select Gender from the Contact Information list and immediately the Gender question with the country code will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the Gender question.
Customizing the Gender Question in your Survey
After you have added the Gender question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your Gender Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the Gender question.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
- Answers Stacked: Using this option, you can position the options vertically in a single column.
In Choices, you can add the text Options for Gender question.
- Variable ID: Variable ID is a unique ID that can be assigned to the Gender question. This is used for passing pre-filled data, via Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Hide Field if data is passed: Using this toggle, you can define whether the Gender field should be hidden if the Data is passed using Variable ID in Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.