The Mobile Number question allows you to capture the respondent's mobile number details with the country code.
When to use a Mobile Number Question?
The Mobile Number question is ideal to use when you want to track your respondent’s mobile number. It is useful in cases where you would like to follow up with the respondent if the response given by them is negative or sending an acknowledgment message to his/her mobile number.
How to add the Mobile Number Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the Mobile Number question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add theMobile Number question to.
- Click on Contact Information from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select Mobile Number from the Contact Information list and immediately the Mobile Number question with the country code will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the External ID question.
Customizing the Mobile Number Question in your Survey
After you have added the Mobile Number question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your Mobile Number Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the External ID.
- Placeholder Text: This is the place where the respondents will enter their answers in the provided blank.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
- Variable ID: Variable ID is a unique ID that can be assigned to the Mobile Number question. This is used for passing pre-filled data, via Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Hide Field if data is passed: Using this toggle, you can define whether the Mobile Number field should be hidden if the Data is passed using Variable ID in Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Regular Expression: Custom validation can be added to text input fields to apply custom regular expressions and validations which override the default ones. You can add an expression allowing only text and no numerics or any other expression to be entered in the Mobile Number field.
- Validation Message: You can add a validation message with the question.