The Email question allows you to collect the Email ID details of your respondents
When to use an Email Question?
The Email question is ideal to use when you want your respondent's Email address while he/she is submitting the feedback form. This information helps to give you an identity of the response collected.
How to add the Email Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the Email question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add the Email question to.
- Click on Contact Information from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select Email from the Contact Information list and immediately the Email question will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the Email question.
Customizing the Email Question in your Survey
After you have added the Email question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your Email Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the Email.
- Placeholder Text: This is the place where the respondents will enter their answers in the provided blank.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
- Variable ID: Variable ID is a unique ID that can be assigned to the Email question. This is used for passing pre-filled data, via Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Hide Field if data is passed: Using this toggle, you can define whether the Email field should be hidden if the Data is passed using Variable ID in Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Regular Expression: Custom validation can be added to text input fields to apply custom regular expressions and validations which override the default ones. You can add an expression allowing only text and no numerics or any other expression to be entered in the Email field.
- Validation Message: You can add a validation message with the question. For example, Please mention your Email ID