The Last Name question allows you to collect the details of respondents like his/her surname.
When to use a Last Name Question?
The Last Name question is ideal to use when you want your respondent details while he/she is submitting the feedback form. This information helps to give you an identity of the response collected.
How to add the Last Name Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the Last Name question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add the Last Name question to.
- Click on Contact Information from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select Last Name from the Contact Information list and immediately the Last Name question will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the Last Name question.
Customizing the Last Name Question in your Survey
After you have added the Last Name question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your Last Name Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the Last Name.
- Placeholder Text: This is the place where the respondents will enter their answers in the textbox.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
- Variable ID: Variable ID is a unique ID that can be assigned to the Last Name question. This is used for passing pre-filled data, via Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Hide Field if data is passed: Using this toggle, you can define whether the Last Name field should be hidden if the Data is passed using Variable ID in Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Regular Expression: Custom validation can be added to text input fields to apply custom regular expressions and validations which override the default ones. You can add an expression allowing only text and no numerics or any other expression to be entered in the Last Name field.
- Validation Message: You can add a validation message with the question. For example, Please mention your Last Name
Note: Last Name question with First Name Question can be added only when the Full Name question isn’t added to the survey. Either you choose Last Name with First Name question or Full Name question.