The External ID question allows you to capture the respondent's unique identification. For example, the respondent’s employee ID, Booking ID, customer ID and other important IDs.
When to use an External ID Question?
The External ID question is ideal to use when you want to track your respondent with the help of an existing record in your database. When the ID is entered the system detects the existing records match with those that have been entered by the respondent.
How to add the External ID Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the External ID question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add the External ID question to.
- Click on Contact Information from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select External ID from the Contact Information list and immediately the External ID question will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the External ID question.
Customizing the External ID Question in your Survey
After you have added the External ID question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your External ID Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the External ID.
- Placeholder Text: This is the place where the respondents will enter their answers in the provided blank.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
- Variable ID: Variable ID is a unique ID that can be assigned to the External ID question. This is used for passing pre-filled data, via Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Hide Field if data is passed: Using this toggle, you can define whether the External ID field should be hidden if the Data is passed using Variable ID in Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Regular Expression: Custom validation can be added to text input fields to apply custom regular expressions and validations which override the default ones. You can add an expression allowing only text and no numerics or any other expression to be entered in the External ID field.
- Validation Message: You can add a validation message with the question. For example, Please mention your External ID