The Radio Button question allows you to select a single option among multiple options.
When to use a Radio Button Question?
Radio Button questions are ideal to use when you want to ask your respondents to choose a single option from a short list. Radio Button questions are best for asking yes or no answers.
How to add the Radio Button Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the Radio Button question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add the Radio Button question to.
- Click on General Questions from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select Radio Buttons from the General Questions list and immediately the Radio Button question will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the Radio Button question.
Customizing the Radio Button Question in your Survey
After you have added the Radio Button question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your Radio Button Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the Radio Button.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
- Answers Stacked: Using this option, you can position the options vertically in a single column
In Choices, you can add all the Answer Options for the Radio Button. You can also add and remove the answer options for the Radio Buttons using (+) and (X) icons.
- Variable ID: Variable ID is a unique ID that can be assigned to the Radio Button question. This is used for passing pre-filled data, via Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Hide Field if data is passed: Using this toggle, you can define whether the Radio Button option should be hidden if the Data is passed using Variable ID in Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
Tip: If you are adding a large number of answer options for your Radio Button question, consider using a Dropdown question instead.