A Matrix or Rating question is a closed-ended question that asks respondents to evaluate one or more row items using the same set of column choices.
When to use a Matrix/Rating Question?
Matrix/ Rating questions are ideal to use when you need respondents to assess at least one or more row items utilizing the same set of column choices. For example, if you are seeking feedback from an inpatient and want them to evaluate the experience based on multiple criteria like Stay at the Hospital, Care by Nurses, Experience with Doctor and so on.
How to add the Matrix/Rating Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the Matrix/Rating question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add the Matrix/ Rating question to.
- Click on Rating and Scales from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select Matrix/Rating from the Rating and Scales list and immediately the Matrix/ Rating question will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- Once you click, a pop up appears in which you are asked to choose the column scale. It starts from 2 scale and the maximum limit is 5 scale.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the Matrix/ Rating question.
Customizing the Matrix/Rating Scale Question in your Survey
After you have added the Matrix/Rating question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your Matrix/ Rating Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the Matrix/ Rating Scale.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
In Choices, you can customize the following.
- Columns: You can customize the column names for the given boxes for the Matrix/Rating scale question.
- Add NA Column: Using this toggle, you can add another column Not Applicable
- Rows: You can also add and remove the Rows for the Matrix/ Rating question using (+) and (X) icons.