The Date question allows you to pick a date from a given calendar.
When to use a Date Question?
Date questions are ideal to use in your survey when you want to know a specific date from your respondents. For example: your employee’s joining date in the company, date when a customer would like a call back, date of visit in the past for which the respondent is sharing information or date of a certain business activity for which you are taking the feedback.
How to add the Date Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the Date question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add the Date question to.
- Click on General Questions from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select Date from the General Questions list and immediately the Date question will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the Date question.
Customizing the Date Question in your Survey
After you have added the Date question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your Date Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the Date question.
- Placeholder Text: Here you can edit the default Placeholder text that respondents will see in the field where date is to be selected.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
- Variable ID: Variable ID is a unique ID that can be assigned to the Date question. This is used for passing pre-filled data, via Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Hide Field if data is passed: Using this toggle, you can define whether the Date option should be hidden if the Data is passed using Variable ID in Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.