The Textbox Field question allows you to collect short open-ended answers from respondents. For example, you can use the Text Box to get respondents to enter their preferences, comments and suggestions.
When to use a Text Box Question?
The Text Box question is ideal to use when you want your respondents to answer by writing a short text, multiple line text or numerical answer to your question. You can also validate the question to require answers in a specific length or format.
How to add the Text Box Question in your Survey in Zonka Feedback?
To add the Text Box question to your Survey, follow these steps.
- Go to the Survey you’d like to add the Text Box question to.
- Click on General Questions from the Questions box on the left side.
- Select Text Box from the General Questions list and immediately the Text Box question will be added to your survey and appear in the WYSIWYG preview on your screen in the middle.
- On the right side of the preview screen, you will see an Edit box to customize the Text Box question.
Customizing the Text Box Question in your Survey
After you have added the Text Box question in your survey form, hover over the question and click the edit icon to edit the question. A customization window will get opened on the right side of the survey builder wherein you can move forward with the further question customizations.
The following customizations can be made to your Text Box Question.
In Edit, you can customize the following.
- Question: Here you can edit the Question for the Text Box.
- Placeholder Text: This is the place where the respondents will enter their answers in the textbox.
- Required: Using this toggle, you can define whether this question is Mandatory (Required) for completion of the survey or not.
- Multi Line: Using this option, you can build the box a multi line text box
- Is this a comments field?: Toggle to make the box a comments box on the condition that it has been made Multi Line
- Variable ID: Variable ID is a unique ID that can be assigned to the Text Box question. This is used for passing pre-filled data, via Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Hide Field if data is passed: Using this toggle, you can define whether the Dropdown field should be hidden if the Data is passed using Variable ID in Web Links, Email Surveys, SMS Surveys and in APIs.
- Regular Expression: Custom Validation can be added to text input fields to apply custom regular expressions and validations which override the default ones. You can add an expression allowing only text and no numerics or any other expression to be entered in the text box field.
- Validation Message: If the input, based on the regular expression is incorrect, then what should be the Validation Message? You can define that message here.